search for: argu

Displaying 20 results from an estimated 2597 matches for "argu".

Did you mean: args
2016 Jun 14
3
Early CSE clobbering llvm.assume
...en logic > early on in the compilation > > > > 3. “assume” should also take advantage of this the same way. (generate a > call to “pseudoabort” which > > At some late stage gets deleted) > This would fix precisely nothing, because of the above. > > > Sanjoy’s argument is faulty, if it were true we would also find our > handling of “assert” to be unacceptable > > but this is not the case, no one is arguing that we need to re-design > “assert”. > Asserts occur much more often than assumes, it may or may not be sensible to handle them the same w...
2019 Nov 28
6
Xen Version update policy
...time through the CentOS Virt SIG. (Others in the community are welcome to support others.) But we'd like input as to which version the community would like to be supported at any one time. Please express your opinion on each option by replying as follows: -2: This is a bad idea, and I would argue against this -1: I'm not happy with this, but I wouldn't argue against this. 0: No opinion. 1: I'm happy with this, but I wouldn't argue for it. 2: This is a great idea, and I'd argue for it. There are several possible options: 1. Always support the newest option. This means...
2016 Jun 14
4
Early CSE clobbering llvm.assume
...ert” takes advantage of this by being translated into if-then logic early on in the compilation 3. “assume” should also take advantage of this the same way. (generate a call to “pseudoabort” which At some late stage gets deleted) This would fix precisely nothing, because of the above. Sanjoy’s argument is faulty, if it were true we would also find our handling of “assert” to be unacceptable but this is not the case, no one is arguing that we need to re-design “assert” Sure, but no one should make this argument anyway: assert is not for optimization. In fact, we don't really want it to be...
2016 Jun 12
2
Early CSE clobbering llvm.assume
What he said :) It also, representationally, has a related issue our current assume does in terms of figuring out the set of assumptions applied. Given an instruction, in extended SSA, because " assume" produces a value used by things, it's trivial to find the chain of assumptions you can use for it. In a straight control flow representation, it requires finding which side of the
2015 Jul 01
4
[LLVMdev] C as used/implemented in practice: analysis of responses
...34, Russell Wallace <russell.wallace at gmail.com> wrote: > Why do you say spin? You're dismissing all use-cases other than this very narrow one I'd (with my own spin) characterise as "Do What I Mean, I Can't Be Bothered To Get My Code Right". Fair enough, you're arguing in favour of a point; but it's not one I agree with. Tim.
2016 May 06
4
yum update (first in a long time) - /var/log/dovecot no longer used
...ri Galtsev wrote: > There were several heated discussions on this list, and elsewhere. This is > not intended to start the new one, but to help someone who missed them to > define their statute. > > People split into two groups: > > Opponents of systemd (, firewqalld, etc.) who argue that from formerly > Unix-like system Linux becomes Unix-unlike (or more MS Windows-like), and > this is bad. > > Proponents of systemd etc. who argue that the life goes on, systems evolve > and you better keep up with changes. > > Therefore, for new person who is about to, le...
2012 May 04
3
[LLVMdev] Extending GetElementPointer, or Premature Linearization Considered Harmful
...m] = 0; * >>    } > > > This is where you run into trouble, because this is an array with a variable > sized element type. > > Currently GEP is designed so that the offset from the base pointer is an affine > function *with constant multipliers*, eg: 3*x + 10*y. I merely argue for allowing constant-but-unknown multipliers, i.e., parameters. They're still affine for purposes of dependence analysis (by things like the Delta test or Polly), but oh so much more useful. Multi-dimensional VLAs happen, especially in scientific code. How are we going to express DGEMM (matr...
2007 Apr 06
16
[VOTE] Should stop-words be filtered by default?
Hey folks, A lot of confusion has been caused by having stop-words filtered by the default analyzer. There have been a few suggestions to remove this feature so I thought I''d put it to a vote. Making this change would not be backwards compatible and would require users to either rebuild their indexes or change their code to keep the same stop-words settings. However, it would save a lot
2016 Jun 14
4
Early CSE clobbering llvm.assume
> > >> Sanjoy’s argument is faulty, if it were true we would also find our >> handling of “assert” to be unacceptable >> >> but this is not the case, no one is arguing that we need to re-design >> “assert” >> > Sure, but no one should make this argument anyway: assert is not for > op...
2018 Jul 05
7
RFC: should we spell lambdas like functions?
I argue we should spell C++ lambdas (and other function-like variables) like functions, not like variables. - Use verbs, not nouns. - Use lowerCamelCase. Here's a patch that implements the change to the coding standards: https://reviews.llvm.org/D48991 <https://reviews.llvm.or...
2012 May 04
0
[LLVMdev] Extending GetElementPointer, or Premature Linearization Considered Harmful
...> >> This is where you run into trouble, because this is an array with a variable >> sized element type. >> >> Currently GEP is designed so that the offset from the base pointer is an affine >> function *with constant multipliers*, eg: 3*x + 10*y. > > I merely argue for allowing constant-but-unknown multipliers, i.e., > parameters. They're still affine for purposes of dependence analysis > (by things like the Delta test or Polly), but oh so much more useful. > > Multi-dimensional VLAs happen, especially in scientific code. How are > we goin...
2017 Mar 22
2
grub-bootxen.sh
I actually move the default *.repo files and replace them with "". The thing is that Katello turns all the downloaded yum content into a single redhat.repo file and I don't have to install any more *-release-* rpms any more. I would argue that I should not need to install any *-release-* rpms at all to get all the required software. On 03/22/2017 09:34 AM, -=X.L.O.R.D=- wrote: > Maybe you just don't need to remove anything at all but just move them to > another folder that does the same goal. > For *-release...
2014 Apr 18
3
[LLVMdev] RFC: Binary format for instrumentation based profiling data
...y should always be "getting it right”. But I can’t > agree with this thinking completely. This has to be balanced with > pragmatism. If we completely disregard the practical concerns of commercial > use, it makes LLVM hostile towards an important group of users. Clearly, I can't argue with that. =] We benefit from it as well. And I don't think I'm arguing against a pragmatic approach in this case, although I'm sorry if it comes off that way. Just so we're on the same page, the only real question in my mind is: can we make breaking changes as we iterate on the d...
2012 Oct 02
7
[LLVMdev] [RFC] Parallelization metadata and intrinsics in LLVM (for OpenMP, etc.)
...ies" like Intel's TBB should be supported, too: they have a (reasonably) well-defined semantics, just like languages do, and are become widely used. I also do not think LLVM metadata is the way to represent the primitives, because they are simply too fragile. But you don't have to argue that one with me :-), others have argued this already. You really need more first class, language-neutral, LLVM mechanisms for parallelism. I'm not pretending I know how to do this, though there are papers on the subject, including one from an Intel team (Pillar: A Parallel Implementation La...
2007 Apr 03
6
How do I use "mount"?
...s => "0", options => ''rw,rsize=32768,wsize=32768,defaults'', } Yet, when I run it: bash-3.00$ sudo puppet --noop --verbose ./work.pp notice: //Mount[pdprojects]/ensure: is absent, should be mounted (noop) err: Got an uncaught exception of type ArgumentError: Field ''dump'' is required I assume this is a usage error, but I can''t find out why. Any takers? Thanks, --mac
2000 Sep 08
6
-1 and friends
...and DSA keys and do it from scripts. Having -1 and -2 would make life a lot easier, if only for testing purposes. Even a "-o [option]" with scp would be nice. A lot of these different products only interoperate in certain modes so I have to try a lot of things. I would also like to argue for more orthogonality between sch, ssh and sshd. Why do you turn on verbosity and debugging with "-v" in scp and ssh, but use "-d" with sshd? Why do you select a port with scp and sshd with "-P port" but with "-p port" on sshd? My poor little brain h...
2016 May 06
4
Resuming the discussion of establishing an LLVM code of conduct
On 6 May 2016 at 22:57, Tanya Lattner <tanyalattner at llvm.org> wrote: > The major weapon of harassers is arguing whether something is actually > harassing. It is difficult to enforce a CoC if you have to have a month long > nasty argument about whether it was violated. It burns out people like you. The major weapon about enforcers is *not* wanting to argue. Harassment is a very complicated issue th...
2016 Sep 09
3
defaults for FP contraction [e.g. fused multiply-add]: suggestion and patch to be slightly more aggressive and to make Clang`s optimization settings closer to having the same meaning as when they are given to GCC [at least for "-O3"]
On 09/09/2016 04:31 PM, Stephen Canon wrote: > Gating this on -Owhatever is dangerous, . We should simply default to the pragma “on” state universally. Why so? [honestly asking, not arguing] My guess: b/c we don`t want programs to give different results when compiled at different "-O<...>" settings with the exception of "-Ofast". At any rate, the above change is trivial to apply to my recent proposed patch: just remove the "&& (Res.get...
2012 Oct 02
0
[LLVMdev] [RFC] Parallelization metadata and intrinsics in LLVM (for OpenMP, etc.)
...language-specific. OpenMP is a particular parallel language, with > particular constructs (e.g., parallel regions) and semantics. LLVM > is a language-neutral IR and infrastructure and OpenMP-specific > concepts should not creep into it. This is a matter of perspective. One could also argue that the LLVM IR should be target neutral. Nevertheless, we have target-specific intrinsics. Similarly, there is a legitimate case to be made for producing code that targets existing OpenMP runtime ABIs. The most natural way to do this is for some of the ABIs semantics, and thus some of OpenMP'...
2011 Jun 23
2
Year in log files
Hi, Can we display year in log files timestamp? We are being audited and the auditor wants to know when we apply certain patches. yum.log shows it, but it doesn't have the year. I can argue based on common sense, but it would be much nicer if the year is there. Example: Apr 12 11:41:25 Updated: krb5-libs-1.6.1-55.el5_6.1.i386 Apr 12 11:41:27 Updated: openssl-0.9.8e-12.el5_5.7.i686